Saturday, February 14, 2015

Victoria State Rose Garden, Werribee Victoria - October 2014

































What a great experience this was - even though the blooms were only just starting to open the gardens were a credit to the state and to the volunteers who look after the gardens.

I can spend hours looking through gardens and this one was no exception.  The gardens were immaculate with a good variety of very healthy roses displayed in various patterned gardens - a total of approximately 5,500 roses.  What a picture it would be when they are all out in full bloom.

I will have to add that to my things to do before I die list.

I would love to live close enough to be a volunteer gardener.  I could lost in there for hours on end and probably would forget to go home.

If you are a rose tragic - this is the place for you.

It is set in Werribee Park not far out of Melbourne and near to Geelong.



List of roses displayed in the Rose Garden.

No comments: