Friday, October 10, 2008

Lochinvar Hotel - Hunter Valley




On Tuesday night after golf at the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley Course we found that all the restaurants close by to our accommodation were booked out so we opted to go to the Lochinvar Hotel for dinner which was not very far away.
It was a nice old fashioned Pub and they had a "reserved" table set up for us when we arrived. It ws just as well that we rang ahead and booked as the restaurant was fairly busy while we were there. The meal & service was quite good & reasonably priced.
We were able to be back at the Rothbury Escape at a good time for the first round of our "500" card tournament.
I am not a card player so there is a big learning curve every time I play with this experienced group. At the end of the three days I came in third out of a group of eight so I was happy with that. The trouble is I don't play again for ages & forget all the rules that have been learnt.

No comments: