Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Return from our USA experience - October 2012





 Our Tour Group with Insight Vacations
touring the West Coast of the USA
 
 Our Tour Group with Globus
Touring the Parks and Canyons USA
 
Our Tour Group with Globus
Touring Eastern Canada and Eastern USA
 
 
I have finally got to start my travel blog on our USA tour which stretched seven weeks from the end of August 2012 until mid October 2012.  I intend to add a post for each place we visited in the order of travel when you read down the blog when it is finished.  To achieve this I need to start at the end and move backwards through the tour. 
 
 
Our tour included three organised bus tours as well as individual tours. 
 
My overview of the trip:  A well worthwhile trip.  It was very tiring because of the length of the tour but in hindsight I could not take anything out of what we did so my overall reaction is that it was a great tour and we managed to see all of the main highlights of the USA.  There is still heaps more to see over there as it is a huge country - very unique in the lifestyle and the natural wonders that the country offers. 
 
We chose Virgin Australia Premium Economy Class for our flights and was well pleased with the service and comfort that we received.  I would not have any hesitation about flying with them again.
 
Our tour began in San Francisco and finished in New York so I now going to add our New York highlights first and then work backwards to San Francisco.
 
Footnote:  We were very fortunate with the timing of our travel as we missed Hurricane Sandy (that devastated New York) by 15 days.  If we had got caught in that mess my report would have been vastly different.
 


No comments: