Thursday, December 20, 2012

Maid of the Mist - Niagara Falls - October 2012



























The "Maid of the Mist"is a MUST DO when visiting Niagara Falls.  I was impressed enough just from seeing the falls from the Table Rock Complex but viewing it from the boat is just awesome.

We were dressed in plastic coats for protection from the water.  I had no idea that the boat would get so up close and personal with the falls and any waterproofing was next to useless as we all got completely drenched having got positions at the front of the boat for good viewing.  We also got all of the water and wind that is processed by getting up close to the falls and it was all we could do to stand up against the force of it. 

I was using my Ipad to take my photos and I had to protect it with my golf waterproof shirt which did protect the Ipad but made it difficult to take photos with the wind and glare.  As anybody familiar with the Ipad would know that it is very touch sensitive and it is easy to touch the wrong area when trying to get a good grip on the device.  I ended up unwittingly touching the reverse camera button and took 28 photos of myself as I could not see what was on the screen for the glare.  That was a pity as the close up photos of the falls would have been good but the close ups of me were pretty bad.

I really enjoyed the adventure and would recommend it as a must do.  We had a beautiful weather day which helps a lot and the sunshine produced some gorgeous rainbows over the water.



.

No comments: